Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Joshy's 1st Ouwie!

So yesterday was a pretty eventful day. Hayden woke up with a raging earache. Rick and I were trying to comfort him while Joshy was playing in the kitchen. We are not sure what happened...he was crying, I went to see what was wrong, and there was blood everywhere. He split his lip and bruised his check. We decided to take them both the the doctor. Brave Rick got to do it since I had an appointment elsewhere that I couldn't miss. He enlisted my mom to help him. Joshy needed 1 stitch and Hayden had an ear infection. I wish this was the end of the story. So later that afternoon Joshy developed a fever of 102 and was so lethargic and his check was extremely swollen too. We were worried that he was having a bad reaction to the numbing shot or something like that. We had to take him back to the doctor. They checked him out and said he had a mild ear infection but a terrible sore throat. Poor little guy. Thank goodness for Tylenol!!!

2 comments:

BrittanyLane said...

OH! I'm so sorry. I hate it when my kids are sick or hurt. Poor little guys!

Grandma Beth Grandma Beth What fun to visit with them! said...

I am glad the boys are doing better now, it is so hard to watch kids hurt and cry like that. You should keep a little book with all the hurts, bumps, stitches, and broken bones they get. I did that with my 7 kids and RICK had 80% more than all the other 6 PUT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor little Pond Puddles.